The acronym CFO is the abbreviation of the English expression “Chief Financial Officer”, which is equivalent to the Castilian term “financial director”. The CFO or financial director of a company is responsible for the economic planning of the institution, as well as the financial one. All this implies carrying out the projection, order and control of investments, financing and risks in order to maximize the company’s profits and avoid losses. As a term, the expression is typical of business management, and responds to the way of understanding the structuring of human resources in the context of a certain company.
- Monitor the financial well-being of the company.
- Establish the economic policies of the company.
- Create indicators to monitor and evaluate financial performance.
- Project investments and financial opportunities.
- Attend the company’s economic procedures and financial protocols.
- Establish economic strategies that improve the use of resources.
The CFO within the business structure
The CFO nomenclature is part of a conception of business organization that has been put into practice in the Anglo-Saxon culture and has been expanding throughout the world. Thus, along with the position of CFO or CFO, other acronyms are also recognized on AbbreviationFinder:
- CEO: Chief Executive Officer or executive director.
- COO: Chief Operating Officer or chief operating officer.
- CTO: Chief Technology Officer or technology director (technical operation of technology).
- CIO: Chief Information Officer or systems chief (process operation).
- CMO: Chief Marketing Officer or director of marketing.
Chairo is a term of Mexican origin of derogatory use to refer to people who oppose the ideologies or political tendencies of the right. The Colegio de México or Colmex, in its Dictionary of Spanish in Mexico or DEM, published a corresponding definition for the term chairo that, especially, in recent years has been used more frequently to refer to issues related to the policy of that country.
In the definition of the DEM it is stated that Chairo is an offensive noun and adjective which refers to that person who defends a series of causes that go against the political tendencies of the right. However, this individual is characterized by not defending or demonstrating commitment to what he says he supports. Consequently, it is customary to use to point out the people who support or profess the ideologies of the leftist tendency.
This need to define the meaning of ʽchairoʼ arose from the constant use that has been made of this word in recent years, mostly in social networks. Hence, the specialists who prepare the DEM, in their commitment to identify the variations presented by the Spanish language in Mexico, have taken the initiative to define that word.
The word chairo is also used to indicate the “person who is self-satisfied with their attitudes”, since this term can be used to refer to the individual who generates pleasure to himself, without needing to be in contact with another person, or That masturbates. For its part, the Royal Spanish Academy offers another definition of ʽchairoʼ, which refers to a type of soup based on vegetables and meat that is typical of the Andean regions in various parts of America.
Clock Dictionary Special
- Grandfather Clocks
- Talking Alarm Clock
- Seniors Alarm Clock
- Chess Clocks
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Radio Clock
- Projection Alarm Clock
- Projection Clocks
- Music Alarm Clock
- MP3 Alarm Clock
- Motorcycle Clocks
- Light Alarm Clock
- Silent Alarm Clocks
- Loud Alarm Clocks
- Kitchen Timers
- Retro Wall Clocks
- Children’s Room Wall Clocks
- Station Clocks
- Picture Frame Clocks
- Kitchen Clocks
- Bell Clocks
- Cuckoo Clocks
- Radio Alarm Clocks
- Pendulum Clock
- Time Clocks
- Calendar Day in Dictionary - The first step that we are going to take is to know the etymological origin of the two words that give shape to the...
- Debt in Dictionary - Debt is a concept that derives from a word from Latin and whose meaning refers to the obligation that a person or body has...
- Disappointment in Dictionary - Disappointment is called the act and the consequence of becoming disillusioned or disillusioned. This verb refers to the loss of illusions (hope, longing). For...
- Discount in Dictionary - The term discount refers to the act and the result of discounting: reducing an amount, taking something for granted. The idea of discount is...
- Defeat in Dictionary - Defeat is the action and effect of defeating or being defeated. The verb defeat, on the other hand, refers to defeating or winning in...
- Hair Removal in Dictionary - Discovering the etymological origin of the term hair removal that concerns us now means having to go to Latin. And it is that it...
- Senile Dementia in Dictionary - Dementia is a disorder of reason that involves a progressive and irreversible deterioration of mental faculties. Those who suffer from dementia experience serious disorders...
- Fantastic Tale in Dictionary - In order to know the meaning of the term fantastic tale, it is interesting to start by discovering the etymological origin of the two...
- Crusade in Dictionary - Crusade is a term with several meanings. Below we will explain the most important ones. The concept is used to refer to the military...
- Cryptic in Dictionary - Before entering fully into the meaning of the term cryptic, we are going to proceed to know its etymological origin. In this case, we...