Death is a term derived from the Latin decessus. The concept refers to the death of a person. For example: “The doctor reported that the singer’s death occurred at three in the morning”, “Sadness over the death of the legendary French actor”, “The police are investigating the causes of the death of a young man whose body washed up on the shore of the river”.
The idea of decease has various synonyms, such as demise, death, and expiration. These notions refer to the end of life as a result of the impossibility of maintaining homeostasis. Permanent interruption of systemic functions, including brain functions, cause death.
- Abbreviationfinder: Find definitions of English word – Physiology. Commonly used abbreviations related to word are also included.
If the death is caused by illness or as a consequence of old age, it is said to be natural. Death can also be due to induced causes : a murder, an accident, a suicide, etc. It is always important to determine the cause of a death since that information could indicate if a crime occurred. Suppose an old man is found dead in his house: he may have died naturally from a heart attack or he may have been poisoned, to name two possibilities.
The deaths give rise to various rituals that vary according to each culture. Usually some kind of farewell or homage is offered to the deceased individual, which is carried out in the presence of his corpse. The remains can then be deposited in a cemetery or cremated.
Some people believe that death marks the end of existence ; others, on the other hand, maintain that there is a “life” beyond death, in another dimension or plane. There are also those who have faith in reincarnation : in this case, the deceased subject could return to this world but in another body.
Funeral insurance is known as multi-risk coverage that gives the person who hires it the peace of mind of knowing that after their death their relatives will continue to receive the benefits. It should be noted that this type of insurance has existed since the beginning of the 20th century and guarantees a series of services that may be essential for clients.
Although almost no one likes to anticipate the day of their death or think about what will happen to their family if they can no longer be with them to protect them, since it is an unavoidable event, it is better to prepare by taking out funeral insurance., which is designed to cover the emotional and material needs of family members, adjusting to the particular case of each one.
Let’s see some of the guarantees offered by funeral insurance, although there are several types depending on the insurance company and the country of origin:
* depending on local customs and the client, it covers burial or cremation services and funeral home services, in the place of the client’s preference;
* the management of the burial service in the cemetery chosen by the insured;
* covers the extraordinary expenses that the family has to face to hire doctors and nurses, or lawyers to receive legal advice and process the typical documents of these situations that are so difficult to cope with;
* Since the death of a family member can often lead to a period of depression or some other psychological problem, this insurance also includes therapy, both in person and by telephone or other means of communication;
* Although this is not of interest to all families, the burial insurance usually includes the DNA conservation service of the deceased;
* If the policy is very complete, it can cover all health expenses and, if necessary, the adequacy of the home.